Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bourbon, Brazilians and Nyquil

This is the first time in 4 days that I have not been comatose on Nyquil. The weekend started as a great fall weekend. With the arrival of a couple of friends I've known from middle school we went out on Sunday, not catching the 6 train until 1am. It was a good thing I took a nap beforehand, since our quick drinks at Spring Hill in Brooklyn turned into an early morning event of bourbon and tacos where I got home at 4:30am. Although we did make a quick stop at Duane Reade for their nice cold medicine selection.

Monday night I insisted I felt better enough to go to a book signing of my lovely friend Hannah's uncle, a wonderful photographer at The Bubble Lounge in Tribeca. A couple drinks and some Brazilian dancing later I felt so awful we had to leave.  Too bad we had to pass up an invitation to the photographer's Williamsburg loft for a night of excitement. Alas, maybe another time :/

No comments:

Post a Comment