Friday, September 7, 2012

29- yikes :/

I am officially in the last year of my twenties.  I have no idea how 29 snuck up on me so fast but it did.  All those birthdays of the past- waking up early filled with excitement, dread or both. Running to the bathroom mirror to check out how many new wrinkles I've developed. This year was really no different from any other day, but possibly more sad.  Not just because most of my friends and family are in a different state, but because I realized that not only have I not accomplished what I thought I would by this point, but I'm also not even sure the goals I had are still the goals I want. 

So this year, the year ushering me blindly into my thirties, will be a year of decision making and goal striving. I am not the type of person who has always known what they want to do. I have always known I want to make a difference in some way, but unsure of how to go about it.  This year will be about figuring out how to get "unstuck."

First step, what should I do next? Something that has always been an obsession of mine is taking pictures, so the first step forward I'm taking is to sign up for photography classes.  This will hopefully teach me new skills and develop a new hobby that might even turn into something more permanent in my life. Only time will tell...

Anyone have any interesting past or future goals for the remainder of their twenties?

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to make a difference too.

    For now being a coach for Girls on the Run is my way of doing that.

    I'd like to feel more comfortable in my own skin and to say "no" more often.
    ...still working on that...

    I'm hoping to complete an Ironman triathlon before I am 50.
    boom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed that a while ago. Then you just start focusing on goals for your thirties, but feel like they need to be more "serious".

    ReplyDelete