Sunday, July 22, 2012

Not a tourist anymore....

Some pretty rad updates:

My part time job only lasted 4 days.
.....cause I was offered a full time position! The people I work seem nice- not as great as the old gang but then again, I measure everyone against them :)
 So due to the job becoming full time, I will soon once again have health insurance. Great because I can find a psych in the area and also get my MRI done for my knee. Fourth floor walk ups are NOT good rehabilitation for MCL injuries, FYI.

I saw my first cockroach. This is good news because it was outside, and not in my apartment. If this was the case, I would be repacking all my stuff and getting the hell out of here :)
I got my first "new york" black eye- got punched in the face by the cat who lives at vet I'm working at. Apparently he does not like to be moved. Covered it up with eye makeup last night but this morning it looks especially awesome.
I was also nearly hit by the M31 bus yesterday morning on my way to work.  Apparently they don't let the good bus drivers work weekends....

In other news, the boy and I went to our first concert in NYC this weekend.  We got tickets to see Dwight and Nicole, a band we frequently saw in Boston, who are AMAZING. They put on a great show, which is not surprising but last night was different because it was the first night I felt like a "real" New Yorker.  We stopped by at a friend's party at The Brooklyneer and then headed to the show at the Blue Note around 12:30.  Sitting there watching them perform at this amazing historic jazz venue, I suddenly felt incredibly lucky to be in this city.  We didn't get home until around 3:30am, but I was so wired I couldn't get to sleep for another hour.
When I woke up this morning *ahem* (does 3pm count as afternoon on a Sunday?) we walked the dogs for a long time along the water and then went to see the new Woody Allen flick.  The whole weekend felt very unforced, relaxed, and very "new york."

This week I get my first paycheck in over a month, so I will be going crazy: groceries, bills, and possibly these great cupcake earrings from an etsy designer based in New York. http://www.etsy.com/listing/69433480/pink-and-white-mini-cupcake-earrings
 Her store is called Poison and Sugar, and it is all kinds of awesome.

My rambling is done for now, but I'll be back.  Time to watch United States of Tara on Netflix (yay, we have tv!).

No comments:

Post a Comment