Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hi All,
Since I've last posted I have become an employed lady! I will be working as a veterinary technician at a great little place in Harlem starting 2 days a week, and then becoming full time after another person leaves in a month or so. Still no health insurance, but at least it will pay [some of] the bills.
After my first interview there I walked through Central Park for the first time since moving here, and it was so HOT.  As expected there were hundreds of tourists, but also many people sitting on the grass eating their lunch. It's amazing that in the middle of this huge city sits 843 acres of grassy hills, dirt bike paths, and huge rocks to climb on. 
I see you Upper East Side

Despite the immense heat (and lack of sunscreen) I walked around for almost 2 hours, taking in the different people: guided tour groups, families on vacation, amateur photographers documenting every sight.  I even  managed to find a little organic food stand serving up vegetarian hot dogs- yeah! Also found an old converted school bus that has been travelling the country trying to promote random acts of kindness- double yeah!

Words to live by

While this morning has been a relaxing, lazy start to the weekend (too hot to walk the dogs at around 100 degrees), we have plans for nearly every remaining minute. This afternoon we are going to the Bodies Exhibit at the seaport, since I've wanted to go forever, then tonight is dinner with some great friends, and tomorrow we are going to brunch and a movie (Ted- can't WAIT since this was filmed literally at my place of work in Boston). A good way to start a week of....WORK. Never thought I would be so excited to put scrubs on again.

UES
Have a good weekend y'all! <3

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was hot last year until this year.
    Getting up in the morning and it is already 85 degrees.

    ReplyDelete